Thursday, December 9, 2010

Upon us....

Thats right the Christmas season is upon us ready or not! I would say NOT in my case! I have only done a small amount of shopping and due to my favorite place to shop during the holidays Opry Mills Mall being closed, I'm not sure how I will ever finish it all by December 24th! But where there is a will there is a way and I suppose I will be shopping every free chance I have untill then. Yes I could do most of it online, but there is something about going to a store and touching and looking at the items that just makes it feel more like Christmas shopping! So maybe I can get that husband of mine out of the house for a little holiday cheer.....well, he is a little scroogish so maybe I will do it all by my lonesome. Where are my shopping buddies when I need them??? Well one is in Arkansas, my main helper for Christmas is in Nashville and the other has a 11 month old and she has been travling like a mad woman for work so that just leaves me to do it without them! But life will go on and the holidays will too pass.

As we begin to celebrate there still remains this hole where she lived in my heart and my season. She...yes that would be our beloved Glenda. As I got my Willow Tree Angel Nativity Scene out I couldn't hlep but think of her, since that was our Christmas gift our first year of marriage from her and Ronnie. Such a special memory to have of her and reminder of what a gracious person she was. Christmas seemed to be her season. She had a big dinner a few days before Christmas and then we did Christmas Eve with her and the Houston family. She just glowed knowing we were all together celebrating! No matter what the diagnoses was for her father Dewey's health it all went away and we all got along! Well for the most part we got along. She never treated us as the ex-step family we were and we will always be her children. Then in that instant our world was rocked and we realized her life was too short. We didn't express our thanks and love to her as much as we should have. We didn't show her as much gratitude as she deserved. So I only can write about how great she was to us and how greatful we are for EVERYTHING she did for us! But she will be there as our angel on the tree and star in the sky. She is not forgotten nor will she ever be!

As you celebrate this holiday season try not to get "wrapped" up in all the labels, all the symbols, and all the receiving. Give to others because that is what is most important this season. God gave us a gift and we some how forget about that gift, that SON, as we get "wrapped" up in all the other aspects. Take a moment to tell your loved ones how appreciative and greatful you are for them because they may not be here for many more Christmas' to come. And that hole may never completely heal, but you can always remember all the GOOD they gave you!

Merry Christmas!

Candace

No comments: