A new year is just around the corner and I been thinking about my resolutions for 2012. I always say be healthier and well one year it worked and I dropped 25 pounds. Or have a stronger Christian walk by reading my bible daily and more quiet time with God. Well this year I have set a goal rather then a resolution.
My #1 goal is to run/walk/finish the Music City Half Marathon in April in Nashville, TN. I have ran a few 5K races during the past few years but this is 13.1 miles not 3.1!!!!! Am I a gluten for punishment? Well apparently YES! No, by best friend ran this a few years back before we moved back to Tennessee. She said she would like to run it again when she has someone to run with her and keep a steady pace together...running buddy. Well I said lets do it cause you know I won't be running any faster than you! So starting very soon I will begin a strict training schedule. As in running and eating better. What a better way to start a new year right!?!?!?! That is my first resolution for 2012.
Resolution/goal #2.......starts with my wardrobe. I want to wear less Tshirts and dress nicer. I honestly HATE makeup and dressing up. But in the last few years I have found some great clothes thanks to CAbi and accessories that make me feel more comfortable with myself. Don't get me wrong I love a good tshirt and sweats Saturday, but it is kinda fun to dress nicer on occasion. So my goal is to let go of the old slouchy tshirt Candace! No more t-shirt purchases at restaurants or travel places! Got to get rid of some as a matter of fact! But its a new Candace with more style and cuteness! Now some of y'all reading this may say "you look cute in your tshirts" and this may be true, but I need to revamp my closet. However, I will NOT be getting rid of ALL my slouchy tshirts cause honestly I don't think I could, but just thinning them out and starting to try a little harder to look nice is the direction I am heading. I want to be a more classy looking gal going into my 30's! Yes that right going into my 30's! We all know I will be 29 for the next 11 years after March 16th, but I need to look the part! So that's my resolution on my wardrobe!
Its been a while since I had anything to "say" on here. Life has had some ups and some downs. We are still working on a baby Z. And maybe that's why I want to make these changes cause when there is a baby Z I may not be as willing to step out of my BOX!
So here is to 2012! To making changes and setting goals!
Happy Hump day folks!!!!!!
Candace
No comments:
Post a Comment