Friday, February 11, 2011

It's OFFICIAL.....

Dave has a new job and he is HAPPY! In my last post I told you about the Change that occurred in Dave's job. Well about a week later he had a interview with Forcum Lannom in Dyersburg, TN for a structural engineering position. Less than a week later he had a job offer and accepted the new opportunity with in hours of the offer. I felt like a 200 pound weight had been lifted from our lives! I wasn't sure how long I could go with him so miserable and unhappy, so I just prayed that God would lead him to a great place. After the interview he described the people he met and the type of office atmosphere and I instantly knew he would love it. When he compared it to Tatum Smith I knew he was finding himself again! Now Tatum Smith sits on a pedestal all alone cause not only were they great to Dave they were great to me as well. They were caring and to be honest no one will ever fill their shoes. But to find something that comes very close makes work and life a bit easier to enjoy. He gave his 2 weeks notice Monday and the mayor had to of seen this coming. Maybe he wanted it to happen like this so he wouldn't look so terrible but I am pretty sure his "best decision" came back to bite him in the butt! Not just a small bite, a big leave a mark and rip away the skin bite!!!! Dave starts Feb 28th and couldn't be more excited. The pay is more, benefits are great and he even has an allowance for car maintenance and fuel mileage. Sounds like God was really watching out for him and they really wanted to have him come work for them.

In other news.....old man winter has not left the south! We had more snow this week. I can't complain cause we had a mere 3-5 inches in a three day span. That doesn't do justice to what our Arkansas friends saw....24 INCHES! HOLY COW! The pictures sure were great that I have seen and honestly I am a bit jealous. I haven't gotten to be off any for snow and to be stuck inside for a day would be great, but I know after day 3 or 4 I would be pulling may hair out just to be outside! As the snow here melts the weather man is saying it will be 60 degrees by Monday! Seriously! Time for the shorts and flip flops!!! Maybe that ole ground hog was right when he said that spring will be springing early this year! Only time will tell over the next few days!!!!!!

Nothing else to report on from Tennessee! I hope you all have a great weekend and enjoy the warm temps!!!

God Bless,

Candace

No comments: