Well it happened yet again...a New Year has begun!! Our 2010 ended a bit sadly though with the passing of Papa Dewey. Although we know he is in a much better place it was still a sad time for us. You never want to loose a loved one! 2010 was a hard year for this part of our family so we are leaving the sadness behind. We started the year off with Papa Dewey's funeral which was more like a celebration of his life. He lived a great one and fought a very hard battle.
Our New Years Eve was a fun night after the visitation. We hung out with some great friends. The Powers' and Millers' invited us to join them for dinner and games at home! We had a blast playing Mad Libs and eating till we almost burst! We watched the ball drop and toasted the New Year. It was one of the best New Year Eve's to date. Then on New Years Day we laid our papa Dewey to rest. We had a great lunch with all the family and then headed home for a much needed nap. Later we went to my parents for the traditional New Years Dinner....Meatloaf, black eyed peas, hog jowl, cabbage, turnips, and cornbread. It was yummy!!! I hope we ate enough of everything so we can have good luck and fortune in 2011. That's really the high light of our weekend.
Today is Dave's birthday! The big 29! Almost 30! Wow time has really flown. I am so lucky to have such a wonderful husband whom I love more than words can express. The past 10 years together have been amazing and I know it will only get more amazing in the years ahead. So happy birthday to my husband and best friend. I hope this year is as great if not better to you as the past 28 years have been!
So Happy 2011 to all of you...well the few of you who actually read this! May your year be filled with blessing and may God protect you where ever you may be!
God Bless,
Candace
1 comment:
I am wishing you and Dave the best in 2011!! I can't believe how fast 2010 went by. And so thankful to have had another year of your friendship!!
Miss you lady! Much Love and HUGS!!
Post a Comment