Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Time for an update

Where has the year gone! One year ago exactly I was interviewing for this job, having no clue what the outcome would be but hoping for the best! Someone must have been looking out for me cause I am sitting here in my office today thinking how lucky I am to have such a great place to work. Time has flown and I haven't been great about making updates. So lets start!

We have been back in Tennessee for almost 2 years now. After living in the basement for 9 months we are settled in our new home...well there are still lots of boxes but at leaset we have a closet to hang our things in!

Ashley and Brian had their little treasure Brady Alan Miller on Janurary 16....two months before my birthday! He is such a joy to be around and they are a great family! Back at Easter I along with Ashley and Ginger ran a 5K for McKenzie Relay for life.....I was really proud of myself with my accomplishment! There is one in may sponsored by Milan Relay that I plan to run too! We are getting ready for a weekend getaway to Nashville. David's mom lives there so we will get to visit with her. The Music City marathon is this weekend as well so we will be supporting our friends: Brian, Jason,& Brett as they run their first Marathon...that's 26.2 miles! I have been working out and doing Weight Watchers since Jan. It is going well....so far I am down almost 20 lbs. Still a long way to go!

As for the pups....they are doing great. Rambler has had a few eye infections so he has been taking some steroids. Bella is just her same ditzy self! My Uncle Morgan passed away in March and left me a beautiful Mantle grandfather clock. It seems to be working well, but Bella is scared of it because it chimes. Quite entertaining that dog. We re working on the fence for the back yard so they can have a play area and not have to be walked each day. They have made friends with most the neighborhood pups as well.

Dave is still liking his job. His co-worker and friend Paul is getting married in June. We are looking forward to having a new friend in his fiance Laura. Dave is also preparing for his 10 year MHS reunion. 10 YEARS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Holy cow! That's how long we have been together...not married, but together. They are planning some great family fun and late night parties! Looks like our month of June will be busy!

As we did last year and the year before that we will be taking a late summer trip to Gulf Shores in Sept. We have found a great place for future family outings! As for starting that family...lets just say we have started talking seriously about it and leave it at that!

Life seems to be great thus far for us in 2010. I try my best to keep in touch with my Arkansas gals and with all my college girls. It's a beautiful day that the Lord has made! I will rejoice and be glad in it!!! Hope you all have a great day, week, and weekend!!!! God Bless!!!!

Candace

1 comment:

Amanda said...

It's about time that you update!!! LOL I can't believe it has been almost 2 years that you moved back home!!! Glad to hear ya'll are staying busy! Can't wait till we can see each other again!! MISS YOU LOVE!!

p.s u r going to have to update ur blog more often!